Schell Games, headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, is the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States.
Schell Games retained Donahue to expand and substantially upgrade its office environment for its existing team and to attract world-class talent from the games industry. In addition, finding a location with close proximity to Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center was important.
- Location: South Side/Fringe. Maintain access to CMU and other universities
- Building: Upgrade to Class A building with amenities and superior access
- Space: Provide a comfortable and efficient creative office environment
- Goal: Retain and attract world-class creative game designer talent
- Needs: 15,000 SF +/- with expansion capabilities
- Limited availability in submarket for quality buildings within budget
- Schell Games already had fully negotiated LOI for a building when Donahue found a new opportunity available on the market. Jack convinced a reluctant Jesse Schell and Jake Witherell to tour the space in Station Square. During to tour Jesse and Jake ordered Jack to “make a deal” on this newly found space.
- Terms were successfully negotiated. Schell Games is completely satisfied with one of the most unique creative office environments in Pittsburgh and beyond.
- Schell Games expanded in 2018 and now occupies 25,000+ SF.