Pittsburgh Technology Council (“PTC”) is the voice of Pittsburgh’s thriving technology industry. It is one of the largest regional IT trade associations in the nation. Members cut across Pittsburgh’s tech sector from hardware and IT to life sciences and application developers. PTC assists tech companies at all growth stages to succeed through a proven platform of Business Development, Talent Retention, Government Relations, and Visibility Services.
PTC retained Donahue Real Estate Advisors to improve its location making it more accessible for academic, tech, and corporate members. Donahue and the PTC executive team very carefully reviewed the Central Business District and Fringe submarkets to determine which offered the best opportunities, amenities, and accessibility for its members. PTC hosts a number of monthly meetings and events for its members and guests. Finding the right location, building, and landlord were key elements in the building selection process.
- Location: Initially focused on Central Business District and Northside and Strip District areas
- Building requirements:
- Common areas for collaboration and casual settings for meetings
- Quality building ownership
- Easy access to highways around the city
- Quality high-energy office environment
- Space: Provide a comfortable and efficient creative office environment
- Limited market for quality building that could match all requirements
- PTC selected NOVA Place, located on the north side of Pittsburgh, which offered the best option of natural light in office space, outdoor/park-like landscaped areas, parking, amenities, and Ownership that valued PTC as a high profile fit to their tenant roster.